Fehlermeldung beim Übertragen eines Titels von PC auf Tolino shine

onleihe:hilfe
Aktuelle Meldungen finden Sie stets auf der :hilfeseite für die Onleihe.

• I got the 1.7.8 fw installed duringe wipeing- /factory reset option on Tolino.

That version had some problems with the German Onleihe, because (some) publishers changed something in the ePub. We don't know what, because due to the DRM we can't look.

nor does the 10.0.1 fw. (that's why I dont think it is a firmware thing, rather some Adobe routine change, that the Tolino is not ready for).

10.x works for most German users, at least with the German system.

There are probably differences, but I think (sheer guesswork), that your libraries use the latest Adobe Content Server, too. AFAIK there haven't been any changes this year in the server software.

@divibib-support, can you confirm that?

I coud off course try to also install the 1.9.4 firmware, but where do I find that version?

@spitzefeder?

• Thanks. But only latest firmware available there I think ..
    Has anyone got the update.zip-file with the 1.9.4 firmware inside?

Ich leider nicht. Habe das Update direkt auf dem Tolino gemacht, ohne Zip-Datei :(
    Werde in Zukunft alle Zip-Dateien downloaden und archivieren. Hilft jetzt aber nicht weiter... sorry.

• @Annanymous, So I did yesterday, and I can transfer the books without a problem to my Tolino. But opening them afterwards is still not possible if the ePub comes from my local library. Same error over and over and over again. The books are, as usual, readable inside ADE, but not on Tolino. My last option would now be to try out the 1.9.4 fw, if I could get hold of it somehow. Else, the only hope is to wait for an update from Rakuten/Tolino . But I think that will take (too ...) much time. I was gonna use my tolino all summer, but I think i'd be glade if there came a working update this year. :(

• @Bisonium And how exactly did you transfer your books to the Tolino? Did you use ADE for that or did you use copy/paste in the Windows explorer?

• I tested ADE this time, as Annanymous asked me to. But as I wrote earlier, ADE is not my personal choice. I rather just copy the acsm-file to Tolino to let Tolino download the book itselfe. I prefer not to be dependent of softwares like ADE, especially when it is so easy to use Tolino directly with wifi...

• As Annanymous suggested I deauthorised and deinstalled ADE completely from my computer.
    Then I restarted the computer and downloaded ADE 4.5. I authorised it and loaned two testbooks from the Onleihe.
    Then I loaded them on my reader with ADE. The first try did not work ... I had to authorise the Tolino again with the Adobe ID and after this the Tolino claimed that the deadline for the books had already runned out,
    So I simply tried again to load it with ADE on my Tolino. And this time it worked! I tried another book that has not worked before and it works fine too!
    I really hope that something in ADE was the problem and I will keep you updated if any more errors occur,
    My current ADE version is ADE 4.5 and my current Tolino version is 10.0.1.
    Thank you all very much for your help and analysis!

• I tested ADE this time, as Annanymous asked me to. But as I wrote earlier, ADE is not my personal choice. I rather just copy the acsm-file to Tolino to let Tolino download the book itselfe. I prefer not to be dependent of softwares like ADE, especially when it is so easy to use Tolino directly with wifi...

The first thing is to get you reading again and, failing that, to narrow down the problem until you can demand whatever you need from your vendor.

Transferring via ADE involves a software that might not be necessary, but for testing purposes it was useful. If it had worked, all the better. As it hasn't, we know two things: It's not the Tolino messing up the download (interpreting the acsm-file), but the Tolino unable to read the ePub if (and only if) this ePub has a time-restriction.

With this knowledge you can pester your vendor to provide you with an earlier software version and look into your bug. Do refer them to this thread, their programmers will find the tests here useful. Talk with your library, they might be able to add some punch by writing to the vendor themselves - if it happens to you, any of their customers might be next.

One thing I should have asked right from the start: Are your timezone and time/date settings correct? They must be the same as the server's. I would kick myself if that was all it took and I forgot to ask ;)

• Yes I got more to write to Tolino now. =) Just wonder where to send it. I have mailed with
    My local library
    The local library ePub responsible company in sweden
    Tolino@telekom.de
    Thalia.de
    Hugendubel.de
    Kobo Rakuten inc
    Etc.. Etc...

I don't get that much response from neither of them anymore.

I sent a request for an earlier firmware to Rakuten. Let's see what happens next.

And yes, the timezone and date is correct . was my first hope in beginning of May. Thanks a lot!

• Got answer from Thalia.de now. They want that the Germans having the same problem contact them with the problem. Please send some report to info@thalia.de. This is what they write, claiming they still did not hear anything from German users:

Dear Mr Mowenwik,

thank you for your message.

So far, our IT was not yet able to find a solution for the problem with ebooks from Swedish libraries. There is no general incompatibility between adobe protected eBooks and the Tolino reader which makes it very difficult to find the error. If you buy eBooks which are protected with Adobe DRM you can read them as always on your Tolino.

If the person from Germany has the same problem but wit eBooks from a German library, please can this person contact us directly? Because so far no other German user of the Tolino who is using eBooks from libraries has contacted us so far, only from Sweden!

Of course, as soon as we receive news we will inform you immediately.

Kind regards,

Your thalia.de-Team
    p.p. Tobias Meyer-Zurwelle

/Mattias

• @Bisonium: Did you give them a link to this thread?

Apparently @Rebecca didn't have the exactly same problem, because it could be fixed by getting a clean ADE install.

Either way, that makes it all the more important to get you to test a book from the German Onleihe. Please contact the Goethe Institut as @Bibliothekarin said. It will take a while for @divibib-support to look into this thread, he's got a long weekend behind him and probably a lot of messages on his desk. But I'm sure he'll drop in as soon as possible.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Guten Morgen zusammen,

es wäre super, wenn das bitte nochmals jemand zusammenfassen könnte.
    Im Zusammenhang mit einem Kauf-eBook ist etwas bei der Onleihe aufgefallen? Wird denn überhaupt die Onleihe des Goethe-Institutes (Stockholm ist Teilnehmer) genutzt? Geht es um ein anderes (schwedisches) Leih-System?
    Was genau soll von der divibib getestet werden?

http://www.divibib.com/ihre-on…der-goethe-institute.html

Danke vorab und freundliche Grüße
    divibib-Support