Beiträge von Bisonium

onleihe:hilfe
Aktuelle Meldungen finden Sie stets auf der :hilfeseite für die Onleihe.

I did not try Goethe Institute (yet). On Thalia they say that the problem is that in Sweden we have som kind of "higher level" protection (not only the general Adobe DRM), and that is why it deos not work here. The strange thing is though that every other eReader from other producers still work in Sweden. I just wait for the solution, but it is so frustrating; it shouldn't be that hard to solve the bug now that they claim they know what is wrong and also have working solutions araound (other eReader makes) to mimik.

/Mattias

I can, too petty, inform everyone thatthere is still no solution in sight for our problem in Sweden. Thalia just answers my emails with "sorry to say, but we are still not close to solution. We are cooperation with Axiell Media in Sweden and promis to come back to you as soon we have a solution" Yeah right... I guess they just downprioritize this bug for ever and ever. Even now with a new firmware (10.1) no solution is there. Have you guys i Germany heard anything nes about the bud where public libary ePubs are not opening on Tolino ("swedish problem")?

After over three months now without a functioning eReader. My Sommer Ferien is over soon, and I didn't get any use of my eReader this year. :(

Best regards

Mattias

Hello again, I finally got the companies (Axiell Media AB and Thalia.de) to start cooperate about finding a solution to this problem with ePUBs from public libraries in Sweden. It seems it has to do with that in Sweden we now use some kind of enhanced DRM, compared to the standard DRM (which I think is strange that Axiell Media didn't tell me when I asked if something had changed with the way the Swedish ePUB are handled during the last months ...) . This change coincided with the date the new Tolino firmware was out.

Here is Thalia's answer by the way:

"Dear Mr. Nowenwik,

thank you for your message.

Concerning the ebooks from Swedish libraries, we have at least some news. As it happened, the Swedish libraries updated their Adobe drm just around the same time as we presented our new update. Therefore our update was not responsible that borrowed books could not be opened on our Tolinos but the change of the drm by the libraries. The drm was enhanced and is now more thorough. That is why these books don't open anymore on our Tolino.

Our IT is in contact with the online-library in Sweden and try to find a solution. As soon as we receive further news, we will inform you via e-mail.

Kind regards,

Your thalia.de-Team

p.p. Tobias Meyer-Zurwelle"

/Mattias

Got answer from Thalia.de now. They want that the Germans having the same problem contact them with the problem. Please send some report to info@thalia.de. This is what they write, claiming they still did not hear anything from German users:

Dear Mr Mowenwik,

thank you for your message.

So far, our IT was not yet able to find a solution for the problem with ebooks from Swedish libraries. There is no general incompatibility between adobe protected eBooks and the Tolino reader which makes it very difficult to find the error. If you buy eBooks which are protected with Adobe DRM you can read them as always on your Tolino.

If the person from Germany has the same problem but wit eBooks from a German library, please can this person contact us directly? Because so far no other German user of the Tolino who is using eBooks from libraries has contacted us so far, only from Sweden!

Of course, as soon as we receive news we will inform you immediately.

Kind regards,

Your thalia.de-Team
    p.p. Tobias Meyer-Zurwelle

/Mattias

Yes I got more to write to Tolino now. =) Just wonder where to send it. I have mailed with
    My local library
    The local library ePub responsible company in sweden
    Tolino@telekom.de
    Thalia.de
    Hugendubel.de
    Kobo Rakuten inc
    Etc.. Etc...

I don't get that much response from neither of them anymore.

I sent a request for an earlier firmware to Rakuten. Let's see what happens next.

And yes, the timezone and date is correct . was my first hope in beginning of May. Thanks a lot!

@Annanymous, So I did yesterday, and I can transfer the books without a problem to my Tolino. But opening them afterwards is still not possible if the ePub comes from my local library. Same error over and over and over again. The books are, as usual, readable inside ADE, but not on Tolino. My last option would now be to try out the 1.9.4 fw, if I could get hold of it somehow. Else, the only hope is to wait for an update from Rakuten/Tolino . But I think that will take (too ...) much time. I was gonna use my tolino all summer, but I think i'd be glade if there came a working update this year. :(

I got the 1.7.8 fw installed duringe wipeing- /factory reset option on Tolino. That version worked for med from Dec 2016 -> May 2017. Now it does not work anymore, nor does the 10.0.1 fw. (that's why I dont think it is a firmware thing, rather some Adobe routine change, that the Tolino is not ready for).

I coud off course try to also install the 1.9.4 firmware, but where do I find that version?

I usually dont use ADE, becaus I think it is much easier to just copy/download the acsm-file to the download directory on my Tolino (either with wifi and or with usb-cable) and just let Tolino download the book itself. So, I tried that procedure with all three books and all worked fine without any problem. Then I gave it a try to transfer the book from ADE -> Tolino and I managed to transfer the Sherlock Holmes and the Coral Reef books. But with the Adobe-book, ADE hang and I had to dissconnect Tolino ect to start it all up again. But I suspect that problem does not have to to with the originally issued "defect title"-error, but might aswell be from the fact that I use a bad install of ADE 3.0 on my computer (I have tried may different versions (2/3/4), just to see if any version, maybe, solved my problem, and the last installation might have gotten messed up.in some way. Btw all ADE version worked for reading any ePub inside ADE (on the computer), even the local library ePubs. But none of the version worked to get the local library book open on my Tolino).

I have only problems with books that incorporates DRM protection. And in Sweden every library use the same ePub format, i.e. with the DRM protection active. That´s why I cannot load any books from Swedish libraries - not directly via WiFi and not via ADE/USB. they all show the same error. I have understood that the DRM protection is not standard procedure in other countries, thus not as big a problem as in Sweden.

I Am pretty sure it is a problem that Tolino has when trying to load books that are DRM-active, after one date in beginning of May. It's a petty the firmware 10.0.1 for tolino came about the same time, so it wa at first expected to cause the problem and forcing us to try the wiping/restoring procedure to earlier frmware instead of just nailing the problem to Tolinos way of not handling newer DRM-sstuff. And it is petty it is "impossible" to contact Adobe and get answers (or even to report this bug or issue) about their changed (?) DRM-routines that most possibly cause problems when one tries to load such book. I'd like Tolino (Telecom/Kobo) to realize there must be a problem, but they don't see it as enough big a problem just yet. Hope that will change though ..... Thanks everyone for doing all this testing and trying to hlep out, it really gives me some hope to get my expensive eReader to work as expected again soon (?).

/Mattias

@Bibliothekarin : Vielen Dank für die Erklärung in deutscher Sprache. Das Merkwürdige ist, dass es einwandfrei auf Tolino in all den Jahren bis heute fungiert hat. Und die Hersteller von ePub in Schweden sagen, dass nichts in der processe in den letzten Monaten verändert hat. Deshalb denke ich, dass etwas mit Adobe DRM-Funktion durchgeführt worden, die Tolino erlaubt nicht mehr DRM-geschützten Inhalte zu lesen. Aber ich bekomme keine Antwort von Adobe, was darauf hindeutet, dass eine Änderung stattgefunden hat. Die Frage ist also, ob der Fehler in Tolino liegt sowieso, das heißt, Tolino möglicherweise nicht für die neuesten Erkenntnisse auf vorbereitet werden, wie das DRM-geschütztes Material sollte in einem eReader behandelt werden ...? Ich werde schauen weiter in den Alleinvorstand. Trotzdem danke!
    @Rebecca: Fungiert es eBücher direkt vom Bibliothek web seite leihen, oder is es desselbe problem auch da?
    /Mattias Nowenwik